• Home
  • /
  • Get a Certificate of Employment

Get a Certificate of Employment

Note: in June 2016, the ETC (Employment and Training Corporation) rebranded as Jobsplus. Their website and forms are much better now.

Once you have all the necessary information, you and your employer complete the certificate of engagement form (put your passport number in the Identity Card Number box if you don’t yet have a residence card) and submit it to the ETC office.


Take the form, along with your passport, social security letter and work contract to the office on St Zachary Street in Valletta – opposite Next and one to the left, it’s a very inauspicious-looking place. If you’ve got everything else ready and you are early enough, you can go to Apply for your Maltese Residence Card on the same day

On the other hand, if your workplace has a competent HR person to send the forms for you, you won’t need to worry about this.

Back to Top